- Start Date: Monday, 16 November 2020
- Start Time: 0700
Minnesota Masonic Homes | 11501 Masonic Home Dr, Bloomington, MN 55437 | Phone: (952) 948-7000 | https://www.mnmasonichomes.org/
Please park at the Unity Parking lot as indicated on the map here. The Dan Patch Parking lot would be quite a distance to walk to the Unit that we are scheduled for clinical.
According to your booking schedule.
MEETING WITH EMPLOYEES AT MASONIC HOMES, BLOOMINGTON
When you arrive at Masonic, please follow signs to Unity Entrance. Your goal will be to find the Unity facility entrance door. Please feel free to mention that you are a nursing assistant student from ZANDU HEALTH INITIATIVE attending clinical. Alternatively, you can text or call me to update me of your location [Clinical Instructor, Steve Mandieka, 952-479-0172]. Just in case I do not have cell phone signal, please call the Masonic front desk number at 952-948-7000 and request to be directed to where students are meeting for clinical. You may also call Survival at 612-298-8044.
When you arrive, please expect to be screened at the 24 hour desk and receive one face mask and full face shield that you will keep for the entire two clinical days in a brown bag. After screening, each student will wash hands in the 24 hour community room and head down to the classroom on ground floor. We will then have COVID-19 rapid test and review the COVID-19 Infection Control guidelines. Please also take time to review: Skill 6: Gown, Glove, and Bag Linen here
Clinical rotations will be on D1, that is, D Building First Floor.
Minnesota Masonic Homes Confidentiality Policy: No cell phone usage (texts/making calls/taking photos) when providing cares to residents/patients. We strictly abide with this policy at CLINICAL. If found using your cell phone, we will enforce this policy in accordance to the School Code of Conduct.
- Eyewear or Face Shield
- Athletic shoes (sneakers | no open shoes);
- Transfer belt will be available at the facility (you do not need to bring your own);
- Please have short nails 1/4-inch-long (no artificial nails);
- hoodies, fanny packs or sun glasses should NOT be worn when providing care to residents;
- Shoulder length hair must be secured back away from face.
- Navy blue uniform
- Student ID/Name Badge must be visible to residents and staff
MEALS | LUNCH | DINNER
- Breaks are assigned by your instructor. Usually, a student takes a break at the same time with assigned nursing assistant. Please bring your own boxed lunch or snack. Refrigerator and microwave are available for use. A vending machine with pop and snacks is also available. Alternatively, you may also choose to buy food at nearby restaurants. Use the facility address to search for restaurants
Travel light: If you bring any purses/books/skills kit, bags or phone along, please bring a lock to lock your items.
PATIENT/RESIDENT CARE ASSIGNMENTS
Clinical instructor or nurse manager will assign you to shadow a staff member. You will observe followed by active participation in the care of residents. The required outcome at clinical is the student will progress to independence with resident care in the three clinical days. Often, you will work with the same group of residents or the same resident assistant all three days. However, the instructor may modify assignments each clinical day depending on staff availability and student needs.