Minnesota Masonic Homes | 11501 Masonic Home Dr, Bloomington, MN 55437 | Phone: (952) 948-7000 | https://www.mnmasonichomes.org/
Please park at the Unity Parking lot or the Dan Patch Hall parking.
Monday | February 17th, 2020 | 3:30pm - 9:30pm || Tuesday | February, 18th, 2020 | 3:30pm - 9:30pm || Wednesday | February 19th, 2020 | 3:30pm - 9:30pm
MEETING WITH EMPLOYEES AT MASONIC HOMES, BLOOMINGTON
When you arrive at the facility entrance door, try to locate the Unity Entrance receptionist or request a Masonic Home employee to direct you to the Unity Center Receptionist desk. Feel free to mention that you are a nursing assistant student from ZANDU HEALTH INITIATIVE attending clinical. Students at clinical often meet first at the Unity Entrance then proceed with the instructor to the D Building - 3rd Floor Family room. In case you find your way to the D Building - 3rd Floor Family room, you can text me that you are there. Alternatively, you can text or call me to update me of your location in the building [Clinical Instructor, Steve Mandieka, 952-479-0172]. You may also call [Clinical Instructor, Survival at 612-298-8044]
Minnesota Masonic Homes Confidentiality Policy: No cell phone usage (texts/making calls/taking photos) when providing cares to residents/patients. We strictly abide with this policy at CLINICAL. If found using your cell phone, we will enforce this policy in accordance to the School Code of Conduct.
- Navy blue uniform | Student ID/Name Badge must be visible to residents and staff | Athletic shoes (sneakers | no open shoes) | transfer belt will be available at the facility (you do not need to bring your own)
- Shoulder length hair must be secured back away from face.
- Please have short nails 1/4-inch-long (no artificial nails)
- Hoodies, fanny packs or sun glasses should NOT be worn when providing care to residents.
MEALS | LUNCH | DINNER
- Breaks are assigned by your instructor. Usually, a student takes a break at the same time with assigned nursing assistant. Please bring your own boxed lunch or snack. Refrigerator and microwave are available for use. A vending machine with pop and snacks is also available. Alternatively, you may also choose to buy food at nearby restaurants. Use the facility address to search for restaurants
Travel light: If you bring any purses/books/skills kit, bags or phone along, please bring a lock to lock your items.
PATIENT/RESIDENT CARE ASSIGNMENTS
Clinical instructor or nurse manager will assign you to shadow a staff member. You will observe followed by active participation in the care of residents. The required outcome at clinical is the student will progress to independence with resident care in the three clinical days. Often, you will work with the same group of residents or the same resident assistant (RA) all three days. However, the instructor may modify assignments each clinical day depending on staff availability and student needs.
PLEASE NOTE: You must complete all three days to successfully pass your clinical experience. Plan to be on time to report to clinical. In addition, you may not leave early from the clinical site without instructor permission.