Presbyterian Homes | 625 Prairie Center Dr | Eden Prairie, MN 55344 | Phone: (952) 942-2100 | http://www.castleridgephs.com
Back side of the building across from FIVE GUYS. PLEASE NOTE: Since we are at Castle Ridge only for three days, we may use the front parking lot only on day one. However, if requested to move your car on day one, please do so. After parking, you will walk to the facility entrance door, press a buzzer located on the top right corner for a staff member to let you in.
Monday | December 9th, 2019 | 4:00pm - 10:00pm || Tuesday | December 10th, 2019 | 4:00pm - 10:00pm || Wednesday | December 11th, 2019 | 4:00pm - 10:00pm
MEETING WITH EMPLOYEES AT PRESHOMES, CASTLE RIDGE
When you arrive at the facility entrance door, press a buzzer located on the top right corner for an employee to let you in. Proceed to the nursing station and inform the nurse that you are a nursing assistant student from ZANDU HEALTH INITIATIVE attending clinical. You will be guided to the family room where students usually meet during clinical. Alternatively, you can text or call me to help answer the questions [Clinical Instructor, Steve Mandieka, 952-479-0172]. You may also call [Clinical Instructor, Survival at 612-298-8044]
PresHomes Castle Ridge Policy: No cell phone usage (texts/making calls/taking photos) when providing cares to residents/patients. We strictly abide with this policy at CLINICAL. If found using your cell phone, we will enforce this policy in accordance to the School Code of Conduct.
- Navy blue uniform | Student ID/Name Badge must be visible to residents and staff | Athletic shoes (sneakers | no open shoes) | transfer belt will be available at the facility (you do not need to bring your own)
- Shoulder length hair must be secured back away from face.
- Please have short nails 1/4-inch-long (no artificial nails)
- Hoodies, fanny packs or sun glasses should NOT be worn when providing care to residents.
MEALS | LUNCH | DINNER
- Breaks are assigned by your instructor. Usually, a student takes a break at the same time with assigned nursing assistant. At Castle Ridge, nursing assistants are referred to as resident assistants (RAs). Please bring your own boxed lunch or snack. Refrigerator and microwave are available for use. A vending machine with pop and snacks is also available. Alternatively, you may also choose to buy food at nearby restaurants. Use the facility address to search for restaurants: 625 Prairie Center Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344.
Travel light: If you bring any purses/books/skills kit or bags, please leave them in the trunk of your car.
PATIENT/RESIDENT CARE ASSIGNMENTS
Clinical instructor or nurse manager will assign you to shadow a staff member. You will observe followed by active participation in the care of residents. The required outcome at clinical is the student will progress to independence with resident care in the three clinical days. Often, you will work with the same group of residents or the same resident assistant (RA) all three days. However, the instructor may modify assignments each clinical day depending on staff availability and student needs.