EVENING | BLENDED/ HYBRID | American Heart CPR Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Course | August 14th 2020
CPR: Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers - This two part class (see below - Part 1 and Part 2) is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. Upon successful completion of the steps listed below, your certification will be valid for two years.
Step 1: Online | Web-based and accessible 24 hours a day, provides a flexible alternative to classroom training. The student must complete the self-directed online class: HeartCode BLS | click here | Approximate fees: $ 28.50. Approximate time needed: 1.75 hours. Upon completion, please print certificate and bring to the Face2Face class session that you registered to attend.
Step 2: Face2Face | Skills Practice | Approximate fees: $ 50. Must attend an in-person class to learn the skills and practices needed (see course content below) Approximate time needed: 1.30 hours
REQUIRED TEXTBOOK: OPTIONAL
Course content includes:
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
• CPR with an advanced airway
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
* This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place.
LR 11102019 | 0800
|Course Start Date||08-14-2020 3:00 pm|
|Course End Date||08-14-2020 6:00 pm|
|Cut off date||08-14-2020 6:00 pm|
|Location||Bloomington | ZHI|